No matter if you are a parent, friend, boss, colleague, healer, coach, leader, neighbor or a partner- there is one important thing you will definitely need to master: Communication!
1) In English:
Wednesday mornings with Nadine:
21 October-16 December, 9 sessions course, 09:00-12:15 (CET time zone)
2) In English:
Wednesday evenings with Wendel:
21 October-16 December, 9 session course 18:30-21:30 (CET time zone)
3) In Dutch: Face to face*
Monday evenings with Mirjam:
19 October-14 December, 9 sessions course, 18:30-21:45
* This course is planned to take place face to face while caring for Social distancing. In case the situation with Covid-19 will not permit it, we will move this course to being online
→ The English courses will be held online using zoom. Sessions will be recorded and will be available for participants to view
→ Next round of courses will start in January 2021
Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
‘Nonviolent Communication (NVC) is a simple, powerful and extremely effective tool for improving our communication skills in all our relationships
At work, with friends, family etc. It helps us see clearly what blocks our communication from being effective, and teaches us what we can do differently to communicate in a way that works.
NVC helps us to resolve conflicts and misunderstandings in our daily lives. It teaches us ways of deeply connecting through trust and cooperation. It helps us to heal wounds within ourselves and between us and others. It moves us towards being the leaders we want to be and contributing in the way we desire in any given situation.
Some of the topics we will address in this course
❀ How to be radically honest without being judgmental or demanding?
❀ How to stand firmly and gracefully for your needs and assertively ask for what you want.
❀ How to connect through conflict.
❀ How to express and hear a ‘NO’.
❀ The power of Empathy to dissolve anger, pain, fear and hurt. How to hear the essence of what other people say, no matter how they express it.
❀ And more…!
About Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
NVC is widely used all around the globe as a tool for communication, conflict resolution, mediation, coaching and self-development.
NVC is successfully used in organizations, teams, businesses, politics, prisons, schools, families and relationships in millions of every day life situations.
In an interactive and safe learning environment, you will be invited to work on examples from your own life. We will practice Nonviolent Communication through demonstrations, role-playing and exercises in order to integrate the NVC values and language more in our own daily lives.
Assistants: We will have 1-5 assistants accompanying us during this course. They’ve already completed the Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Year Courses with us and are engaged in their steps toward teaching/sharing NVC.
– Nadine: Wednesdays mornings: 21 October-16 December, 09:00-12:15 (CET time zone)
– Wendel: Wednesday evenings: 21 October-16 December, 18:30-21:30 (CET time zone)
– DUTCH face to face: Mirjam: Monday evenings: 19 October-14 December 18:30-21:45
– Nadine and Wendel: For this 09 session online course, the fee is a choice between €200 – €400
– Mirjam: For this 09 session face to face course, the fee is a choice between €225 – €450
→ The choice of fees depends on your income and free will. The idea behind a sliding scale is that we all have different current financial situations, and we like to be flexible so that your financial contribution fits your financial situation as well as your personal wish to support us.
❤ Regarding Money:
We wouldn’t want money to prevent anyone from learning NVC! We see money as a strategy to care for the sustainability of our giving. It’s important for us to have a sense of mutual contribution. ‘Receiving’ supports us in meeting our practical stability (money), as well as supports us emotionally to be in balance and keep our hearts open to more giving. While we stand firmly for our need of mutual contribution, we’re flexible about possible strategies on how to meet this need. Money is our preferred strategy, as it’s easy for us to transfer it to the exact things that contribute to us. That being said, if the amount we ask would prevent you from joining, we can offer the following:
1. If you’re coming from a country where the income/currency is lower than the prices in euros, we’re open to finding a price that makes sense and keeps hearts open.
2. If you’re currently having a challenging period financially, you can pay us at a later date when your finances are better. Sometimes people even pay us a few years later.
3. We’re open to brainstorming other ways you can contribute to us, though it’s not always easy to find things that both you would enjoy contributing and that would actually be contributing to us.
At the end of each session, you will receive by email:
– A written summary of the session
– A zoom recording of the session.
There is no required reading before the course. There are many books on NVC available, if you’d like some suggestions on where to start you’re welcome to contact us.
To book your place:
To book your place, follow the steps below.
If you have any questions please contact us at:
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (Many of us never read ‘Terms & Conditions’… and, we would recommend you to read this one to be sure we’re together and on the same page).
2. Fill in the form below.
3. Send us the non-refundable prepayment of €70 (When making the transfer please mention your full name and the course name to help us easily identify you).
Account name: connecting2life
→ If your bank is outside the European union, please contact us to see if there may be a less expensive way to make your transfer.
Regarding the remainder: We ask that you pay the remainder of the course fees within a week of finishing the course. We suggest you pay at the end because we like people to know what they’re paying for. We do this because we wish for your payment to be more connected to gratitude rather than to a sense of duty. If you prefer to pay earlier this is also welcome.
‘The regret period’: If you change your mind within 14 days after sending the prepayment, and before the course has actually begun, we will fully refund your prepayment.