We’re thrilled to invite you to our 11th annual ‘Train the Trainer’ Year Course in Amsterdam. (When including the Year Courses we offer in France it will be our 19th Train the Trainer Year Course !!)
This training is aimed at those who want to dive, with a group of other NVC enthusiasts, into deeply embodying NVC. Together we will move slowly towards sharing NVC with others through one on one sessions and teaching NVC.
- The course is planned to take place Face to Face in Amsterdam. We hope there will be no covid-19 measures that prevent us from holding the training Face to Face. In case there would be, we would shift the training to being online. In such case you will of course have a choice whether you would like to cancel your participation with no costs.
If you can join only an online version of the Year Course:
A. Let us know and we will inform you in case this year it shifts to being online.
B. The next Year Course (2023-2024) is planned to being taking place online (using zoom). You can let us know and we can hold a spot for you for joining this one. Email us: email@example.com
This course is meant for those of you who would like to take the next steps toward embodying and teaching NVC.
We will create a context to deepen into NVC, to manifest it in millions of situations in our lives. For me teaching NVC comes directly from the way we embody it – this is the bread and butter of it all.
Learning NVC is different from learning mathematics. It’s not something you can ‘study and then know it’. I experience the learning as deepening in spirals of embodiment, leading to super-powerful paradigm shifts, skills and awareness.
You will learn and gain confidence in:
❀ Offering 1 on 1 Empathy sessions
❀ Teaching/sharing NVC
❀ Team and community building
❀ Coaching and consulting based on NVC
❀ Being a leader of a group/team/community, etc.
Offering 1 on 1 Empathy Sessions
Learning Empathy is a lifelong practice. This year will be a great opportunity to practice, practice, practice towards gaining confidence and skills in offering private Empathy sessions. There will be 4 workshop days solely dedicated to gaining and deepening Empathy skills. We will learn such practices as Deepening Empathy Skills, Role Play, About ‘Healing’, Empathizing with Inner Jackals and more. You will be invited to practice these skills in 2 other contexts:
❀ Empathy Buddy
Once a week you will be invited to have a 40 minute to 1 hour phone/Skype/Zoom Empathy practice with another participant from the course. The focus will be on specific exercises or general “emotional hygiene”. This will give you the opportunity to practice Empathy and also give you regular Empathic support for any life issues you might be dealing with.
❀ Empathy Project
You will be invited to choose a person(s) to whom you will offer (at least) 20 hours of Empathy sessions.
I’m particularly excited about the Empathy Project as I believe it can meet many needs. A couple of examples are:
– Learning and gaining confidence and experience in offering Empathic listening
– Contribution to people and society
This will play as an Empathy lab where we can try things out, deepen and expand our skills, and gain clarity and capacity in Empathic listening. We’ll share and reflect on our challenges with Empathic listening as a group so that we have the opportunity to learn from one another.
Teaching NVC to others is one of the most powerful ways to deepen learning and embodiment that I’ve experienced.
❀ Learning to teach
We will touch on such points as:
– Tips and structures for introducing NVC – introducing NVC to a single person, a group, in a course setting, a workshop or an evening introduction
– Dealing with teaching challenges – looking at the choices you have as a trainer. Exploring ways to stay human in all situations, truly living the principles of NVC at all times
– How to answer questions – recognizing the choice of when to answer a question versus seeing it as a request for Empathy
– Roleplay facilitating a group – group consent decision-making processes
– And more…
❀ Teaching each other
You will be encourage to create ‘Teaching Practice Groups’ where you will be teaching each other.
In this way you will gain experience in explaining NVC, answering questions, leading/coaching exercises, and leading sessions.
NVC is a set of skills that helps me to live interdependently in the world. Each time I teach a group a community is created. We will be exploring community, NVC and teaching in the following ways:
❀ Learning how to build a sense of safety that allows Honesty and Vulnerability. How to create a group where one can truly be themselves.
❀ Exploring how to create the experience of Inclusion, where people experience that they matter and feel they have a place in the group.
The Art of Living Together: Community building weekends. I once saw a performance called If You Really Want to get to Know Me, Come and Live with Me. I don’t remember the performance itself well, but the title has stayed with me for years. We will live, eat, breathe, and practice NVC together 24/7.
We will look into subjects such as Radical Empathy and Honesty, Inclusion, Safety, Consensus Group Decision Making, Choice, Freedom, Self-care and more.
We create an online platform (probably Facebook) specifically for the members of this year’s course. It’s a platform for sharing your celebrations, mournings, questions, requests, challenges, wonders… We’ve found it a special community space for connection, sharing and learning in past courses.
Desired amount of experience
I find it very helpful if people joining this program have already acquired a base in understanding the 4 Steps (of NVC) and Empathy. We ask that you have a minimum 100 hours of previous NVC training before joining. If you have questions or doubts about how your level of experience fits this course you’re welcome to share this with us and we can figure it out together.
Asterweg 20G3 – 1031 HN Amsterdam, The Netherlands
❀ 28-30 October 2022
❀ 09-11 December 2022
❀ 03-05 February 2023
❀ 31 March-02 April 2023
❀ 26-28 May 2023
❀ 30 June-02 July 2023
❀ All times are written in CET time (Amsterdam time zone)
Saturdays : 10:00-18:30
For this course the fee is a choice of between €1500 – €3000
- Food: Each participant will bring their own Lunch and for those who want, we will share the food as buffet (and if you prefer to keep your own lunch, you don’t have to share!)
- Accommodation: You would need to care for your own accommodation. There is an option to sleep in the location on the Friday & Saturday evenings for €15 a night (so €30 for the weekend). The place have no showers though and can offer you thick Judo mats, means, you would need to bring your own sleeping bag.
→ The choice of fees depends on your income and free will. The idea behind a sliding scale is that we all have different current financial situations, and we like to be flexible so that your financial contribution fits your financial situation as well as your personal wish to support us.
→ Invoices are Vrijgesteld (VAT free).
❤ Regarding Money
We wouldn’t want money to prevent anyone from learning NVC! We see money as a strategy to care for the sustainability of our giving. It’s important for us to have a sense of mutual contribution. ‘Receiving’ supports us in meeting our practical stability (money), as well as supports us emotionally to be in balance and keep our hearts open to more giving. While we stand firmly for our need of mutual contribution, we’re flexible about possible strategies on how to meet this need. Money is our preferred strategy, as it’s easy for us to transfer it to the exact things that contribute to us. That being said, if the amount we ask would prevent you from joining, we can offer the following:
1. If you’re coming from a country where the income/currency is lower than the prices in euros, we’re open to finding a price that makes sense and keeps hearts open.
2. If you’re currently having a challenging period financially, you can pay us at a later date when your finances are better. Sometimes people even pay us a few years later.
3. We’re open to brainstorming other ways you can contribute to us, though it’s not always easy to find things that both you would enjoy contributing and that would actually be contributing to us.
❀ Training days: 6 full weekends (Friday evening till Sunday)
❀ Call/s with your Empathy buddy: minimum 1 hour a week
❀ Empathy project: minimum of 20 hours
❀ Exercise: between classes you will be invited to explore a specific practice. You will be encouraged to focus on this practice:
→ Externally: by bringing it to many different situations in your life.
→ Internally: through journaling, inner dialogues, keeping track of your challenges and learnings.
The main spoken language in the course will be English. Small group work can be held in English or in other languages (if your exercise partner speaks your language). Translation may be available if at any moment one wishes to express oneself in their own language.
Yoram is a CNVC certified trainer and will offer you a Certificate of Attendance.
This course can support you in the process of becoming a CNVC certified trainer. It counts both as hours with a certified trainer as well as experience in sharing NVC.
Contact us if you wish for more information regarding how this course fits the requirements for becoming a certified trainer.
At the end of each meeting you will receive a summary of the learning in the last session by email. Other handouts will be provided, depending on the learning theme.
AS an extra, you will receive a 30 page booklet written by Yoram: “Basket for offering 1 on 1 sessions”
Assistants: We will have 8 assistants accompanying us during this course. They’ve already completed the Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Year courses with us and are engaged in their steps toward teaching/sharing NVC.
In order to help us getting to know you a little please fill in this questionnaire when booking your place:
To book your place:
To book your place, follow the steps below. If you have any questions please contact us at:
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (Many of us never read ‘Terms & Conditions’… and, we would recommend you to read this one to be sure we’re together and on the same page).
2. Fill in the form below.
3. Send us the non-refundable prepayment of €200 (When making the transfer please mention your full name and the course name to help us easily identify you).
Account name: connecting2life
→ If your bank is outside the European union, please contact us to see if there may be a less expensive way to make your transfer.
Regarding the remainder: We ask that you pay the remainder of the course fees within a week of finishing the course. We suggest you pay at the end because we like people to know what they’re paying for. We do this because we wish for your payment to be more connected to gratitude rather than to a sense of duty. If you prefer to pay earlier this is also welcome.
‘The regret period’: If you change your mind within 14 days after sending the prepayment (and 3 days before the course has actually begun), we will fully refund your prepayment.