→ To the website in Japanese: Link
Often when we start learning NVC, we learn what I now call ‘Classical Giraffe’. You probably noticed that this language is not always creating connection:
Classical Giraffe: “Are you needing connection?”
→ Jackal reaction: “Ph… I don’t need anything, stop with these needs needs needs all the time!!”
Classical Giraffe: “I feel irritated and I need more freedom”
→ Jackal reaction: “Yes, it is always about you! Since you do this NVC, you became more selfish”
Classical Giraffe: “Would you be willing to wash the dishes?”
→ Jackal reaction: “W OULD Y OU BE WI LLING… Can you stop speaking like a robot for God sake???”
‘Classical Giraffe’ is the awareness I hold firmly within me. ‘Classical Giraffe’ is not how I speak in daily life.
‘Street Giraffe’, is searching a language that works, with each person and in each situation. It is the delicate Art of searching how to be real and stand for my values, while actually creates connection.
During this workshop we will focus on principles and practices toward growing our fluidity in speaking ‘Street Giraffe’
- Refining Honesty skills: Speaking from my body/heart rather than from my brain.
- Refining Empathic skills- how to reach people in all situations (at home, at work, children…) and in all states (people in Anger, depression, distance…).
- How to stand firmly for authenticity – mine and yours – in a way that creates connection, cooperation, creativity and love?
- ‘Following waves of dialogue’: Navigating our humanity and inner intelligence
- And more…
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) (PhD Marshall Rosenberg) is a practical communication tool that radically transforms your relationship with yourself and others. NVC cultivates assertive honesty mixed with a deep quality of Empathy. NVC transforms conflicts into love and clarity.
NVC takes you from your meditation cushion into real life – it helps you live your deep values in relationships and millions of day-to-day life situations. NVC deeply transforms your communication with yourself toward a quality of profound compassion.
You will be invited to work on examples from your own life in an interactive and safe learning environment. We will practice Nonviolent Communication through demonstrations, role-play and exercises in order to integrate NVC values and language more into our daily lives..
When / Where
31 July & 01 August 2021:
– Session 09:00-12:30 Amsterdam time zone (CEST) / 16:00 – 19:30 Japan Standard Time (JST)
– Meal break 12:30-13:45 (CEST) / 19:00 – 20:45 (JST)
– Session 13:45-15:30 (CEST) / 20:45 – 22:30 (JST)
Desired amount of experience
Minimum of 30 hours previous experience with NVC or reading the Book of Marshall: ‘Nonviolent Communication: Language of life’ or watching one of Yoram’s youtube videos: Intro to NVC or Yoram’s TED talk.
For this workshop, the fee is a choice between ￥40,000 ~ ￥50,000 ( €309~€386)
→ The choice of fees depends on your income and free will. The idea behind a sliding scale is that we all have different current financial situations, and we like to be flexible so that your financial contribution fits your financial situation as well as your personal wish to support us.
→ Invoices are Vrijgesteld (VAT free).
We will have assistants accompanying us during this course.
How to book your place:
To book your place, follow the steps below. If you have any questions please contact Satoko at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (Many of us never read ‘Terms & Conditions’… and, we would recommend you to read this one to be sure we’re together and on the same page).
2. Fill in the form below.
3. Send us the non-refundable prepayment of ￥ 15,000/ €100 (When making the transfer please mention your full name and the course name to help us easily identify you).
Account name: connecting2life
→ If your bank is outside the European Union, please contact us to see if there may be a less expensive way to make your transfer.
Regarding the remainder: We ask that you pay the remainder of the course fees within a week of finishing the course. We suggest you pay at the end because we like people to know what they’re paying for. We do this because we wish for your payment to be more connected to gratitude rather than to a sense of duty. If you prefer to pay earlier this is also welcome.
‘The regret period’: If you change your mind within 14 days after sending the prepayment (and 3 days before the course has actually begun), we will fully refund your prepayment.