About the circles
If we grieve, it is because we live and because we love. Loss is a natural part of living and every experience of loss longs to be welcomed with loving attention. At the same time, grief is a way to celebrate what deeply matters to us.
I used to be afraid to feel my grief at moments of loss, because I feared that I would get stuck and overwhelmed. I used to fear that mourning would block my life, however, it is quite the opposite: if I don’t give space to my grief, that’s what will actually block my joy and my vitality. I often felt shaken to the core after loss, but I demanded of myself to move on, hide my emotions and stay alone with my pain. Our losses can awaken our earlier trauma, which makes it even harder to surrender into our mourning.
What I find to be of huge support is to grieve together in a compassionate, safe environment. It helps to find healing, acceptance and acknowledgment. This is why I will again offer these sharing circles for mourning in community.
In these Mourning Circles you are welcome as you are, with everything that lives in you.
These Mourning Circles are for you if you enjoy sharing and listening in a small, interactive, safe group with the leadership of Mirjam Schulpen.
More info about Mirjam
Desired amount of Experience with NVC
You don’t need experience with NVC to join the Mourning Circles, they are open to everyone.
Online, via Zoom
Tuesday 15 December 2020,
Friday 5 February 2021
Friday 16 April 2021
Thursday 10 June 2021
Times: From 19:00-21:00 CET (Amsterdam time)
Choice of between €20-€40 per circle
→ The choice of fees depends on your income and free will. The idea behind a sliding scale is that we all have different current financial situations, and we like to be flexible so that your financial contribution fits your financial situation as well as your personal wish to support us.
❤ Regarding Money
We wouldn’t want money to prevent anyone from learning NVC! We see money as a strategy to care for the sustainability of our giving. It’s important for us to have a sense of mutual contribution. ‘Receiving’ supports us in meeting our practical stability (money), as well as supports us emotionally to be in balance and keep our hearts open to more giving. While we stand firmly for our need of mutual contribution, we’re flexible about possible strategies on how to meet this need. Money is our preferred strategy, as it’s easy for us to transfer it to the exact things that contribute to us. That being said, if the amount we ask would prevent you from joining, we can offer the following:
1. If you’re coming from a country where the income/currency is lower than the prices in euros, we’re open to finding a price that makes sense and keeps hearts open.
2. If you’re currently having a challenging period financially, you can pay us at a later date when your finances are better. Sometimes people even pay us a few years later.
3. We’re open to brainstorming other ways you can contribute to us, though it’s not always easy to find things that both you would enjoy contributing and that would actually be contributing to us.
For registration and further questions, send us an email at:
To book your place:
To book your place, follow the step below. If you have any questions, please contact Mirjam at:
1. For each Mourning Circle, you can sign up by sending an email with your full name, and the words “Mourning Circle” plus the date (-s) of the Circle(-s) you wish to join to: email@example.com
2. You will receive an email with more information and a payment request for €20-€40 per circle. As soon as we see your payment, we will send you the Zoom link to the session.