Amsterdam Year Course:
"Embodying & Teaching NVC"
On the road to becoming an NVC trainer
8 months course, November 2017 - June 2018 !
With CNVC certified trainer Yoram Mosenzon
We are excited to put in words our enthusiastic invitation to our upcoming year course "Embodying & Teaching NVC"- on the road to becoming NVC trainers!!!
Here you find:
1. Course Intention
2. Course content
3. Practical information (dates, location, fee, etc.)
5. A short questionnaire to fill in to help us design a program that is suited to all the participants
This course is meant for you who would like to make the next step toward:
* Embodying NVC deeper in your life
* Offering "1 on 1 Empathy sessions"
* Teaching/Sharing NVC
('Teaching/Sharing NVC' can mean all sorts of different formats, such as: Teaching NVC, Empathy private sessions, Mediation sessions, Team and community building, Coaching or consulting based on NVC, Being a leader of a group/team/community, etc.)
1. Embodying NVC: Creating a context to deepen NVC to be manifested in our lives. The undercurrent in anything we do and learn in the course is the 'HOW' we live NVC together in each and every moment- as a community and in the learning- we focus on deepening, like spirals down, our embodiment of these super-powerful-paradigm-shift skills and awareness of NVC.
2. Teaching NVC: Learning and gaining confidence in offering '1 on 1 Empathy Sessions', and Learning and practicing to 'teaching/sharing NVC':
❀ Offering 1 on 1 Empathy Sessions
'Empathy' is a life long practice. This year will be a great opportunity to practice practice practice, toward gaining confidence and skills in offering private empathy sessions. There will be 4 workshop days especially dedicated to gaining and deepening empathy skills (Deepening Empathy skills, Role Play, About 'Healing', Empathising with inner jackals, and more.), and, there are 2 extra contexts where you will be invited to practice those skills:
1. "Empathy buddy":
Once a week you will be invited to have a 40m to 1 hour telephone call/skype empathy practice with another participant from the course, focused on specific exercises or general "emotional hygiene". This will give you the opportunity to practice empathy, and also give you a regular empathy support for issues you are dealing with in your life.
2. "Empathy in special context":
You will be invited to choose a person/persons to whom you will offer (at least) 10 hours of empathy sessions.
I particularly excited about this idea, as I believe it can meet many needs, such as:
A. Learning, gaining confidence, gaining experience in offering Empathic Listening.
B. Contribution to people and society.
This will play as an "Empathy Lab" where we can try out things, deepen and expand our skills, gaining clarity and capacity in "Empathic Listening". As a group, we will reflect back and look into our very personal challenges in regard to "Empathic Listening".
❀ Teaching NVC
Teaching NVC to others is one of the most powerful forms I found for deepening the learning and embodying it myself. We will focus on:
1) Learning to teach NVC:
We will touch points such as:
- Structures and tips for introducing NVC (Introducing to 1 person, to a group, in setting of a course, workshop or evening introduction)
- Dealing with Teaching challenges: What are the choices you have as trainer? How to stay human in all situations/how to LIVE the NVC principles as a trainer?
- How to answer questions: Choice when to Answer a questions or when a question is a request for Empathy or Role Play
- Facilitating a group: Consent Group decision making process.
- And more
2) Teaching yourself:
During this program, you will be invited to prepare, each month, a short teaching on an NVC subject- each weekend will be dedicated to a different subject-
- Communication blocks
- Feelings versus Thoughts
- Observation versus evaluation
- need versus strategy
- Request versus demand
You will be invited to teach this subject to one participant and coach them through an exercise to embody the learning material. In this way you will gain experience in explaining NVC, answering questions, leading/coaching exercises, and leading sessions.
To me, NVC is a set of skills to help me be and live together in an interdependent world (community). Each time I teach a group, it is the creation of a community:
- How to build safety that can allow Honesty and Vulnerability- a group I belong to where I can just be me?
- How to create the experience of Inclusion where people experience they matter and are having a place in the group?
Community building weekend: We will look into "community building" in 3 full weekends where we will live all together in a house (In November, February and May).
We will look into subjects such as: Consensus Group decision making, Choice, Honesty, Empathy, Inclusion, Safety and more.
❀ FB group:
We create a FB group, which will act as a platform for sharing (celebrations and mournings), challenges, questions, wonders, requests etc.
In the last years we found it to be a great special community space for connection, sharing, and learning.
❀ Required NVC experience needed
I would find it very helpful that people in this program would already have acquired a sense of a base with "The 4 steps" and "Empathy". The minimum experience we ask for joining this course is 60 hours of previous NVC training. If you doubt whether your amount of experience with NVC fits this course, you are welcome to share this doubt with us so we can figure it out together.
We will have 3-4 assistants accompanying us during the year. They all did this year course in the past and are engaged in their steps starting teaching/sharing NVC.
Yoram is a CNVC certified trainer and will offer you a Certificate of Attendance.
Certified Trainer: This course can support you in the process toward becoming CNVC certified trainer (counts as hours with certified trainer, and as experience in sharing NVC).
Contact us if you wish for more information regarding the process for becoming a certified trainer.
❀ Time investment
- Training days: 12.5 workshop days
- Skype call "empathy buddy": minimum 1 hour a week
- "Empathy in special context": minimum 10 hours
- Preparations for teaching a theme before each monthly meeting
- 'The Monthly exercise' (each month you will be invited toward a certain focus, inwardly and outwardly, to practice in many different situations in your life) and NVC journal (dialogue with yourself and marking your learning, challenges, dialogues...)
- 1 Sunday a month (January is a Saturday!) from 10:00 to 18:00 (December 2017, January, March, April, June 2018
Location: Asterweg 20-G3, 1031 HN, Amsterdam, Nederland
- 3 full weekends: "NVC living together" (November 2017, February and May 2018)
Location: Area Driebergen-Zeist
❀ Exact Dates
- Weekend 03-05 November 2017 (Friday 18:00 till Sunday 17:00)
- 03 December
- 13 January 2018 (Saturday!)
- Weekend 02-04 February (Friday 18:00 till Sunday 17:00)
- 04 March
- 01 April
- Weekend 11-13 May (Friday 18:00 till Sunday 17:00)
- 03 June
→ Course fee (includes accommodation for the 3 full weekends "living together". Course fee does not include food costs) is a choice between 1400-2800€ (depending on income and free will).
Invoices are Vrijgesteld (VAT free).
→ Food: During the 3 full weekends (November, February and May), the (bio) food costs will be all together 240€.
How the payment goes:
To book your place we ask a non-refundable prepayment of 250€.
The rest of the payment, you are asked to pay within a week after the very end of the course (we like people to pay when they know what they pay for, so that payment is more connected to gratitude and less to being a duty). If you prefer paying it earlier, this is welcome as well.
'The regret period': If you change your mind within 14 days after sending the prepayment and before the course has actually begun, you will receive your pre-payment back.
The main spoken language in the course will be English. Small group work can be held in English or in Dutch. Translation is always available if at any moment one wishes to express oneself in Dutch.
At the end of each meeting, you will receive by email a handout- a summary of the learning in last session.
Other handouts will be provided, depending on the learning theme.
ABOUT YORAM MOSENZON
Originally from Israel, Yoram is now based in the Netherlands (Amsterdam). While working as a dancer/choreographer, Yoram met NVC 13 years ago. Since then he has been deeply dedicated to embodying NVC in each and every corner in his life. Four years ago he decided to stop all his artistic activities in order to devote his full time and energy to sharing NVC. Besides regularly leading Mediations and private ‘empathy' sessions, Yoram is now teaching NVC full-time to the general public, to teachers in schools, coaches, parents, university students, businesses and teams. Yoram works internationally in The Netherlands, France, Israel, Belgium, Poland, Reunion, Italy and more.
"Doing this course, I am amazed by the extraordinary depth I discover in NVC- how it covers almost all aspects of life. The group becomes more and more intimate. It feels very alive, warm and safe. It really feels like the favorite family I was longing to have. During this "year course" we are stimulated to practice our skills in unfamiliar contexts- we offer our empathy to people in society such as homeless people or employees of companies. Very challenging and exciting! I learn to relax when I give empathy- to "be" instead of to "do". I learn to live more in truth- to express myself, and reveal what is true and not true for me. I learn to be honest towards myself. This is one of the scariest and most fantastic discoveries of my life."
"I would describe this year course as 'organic learning'. I don't feel as sitting in a classroom and yoram being my teacher. I realize that he is actually teaching us, but in a way it enters my body naturally.
Every meeting I am amazed: exactly that what I need, is there- Something I am struggling with, questions I have, things that are happening in my life... the answers are offered during the day. Magic.
Finally NVC is entering my life. Before the year course, I participated at several weekends and every time left with a great feeling of 'wow, this is it!', however, so far away from my daily life reality. Now, I am slowly integrating Giraffe language into my way of thinking and communicating. Jackals are making space for empathy. Slowly. I am getting confident that it can be part of my life.
There is something growing, I am getting the taste of possibly being a trainer. I can picture myself as a coach. I am willing to take responsibility. That is a great evolution to me."
"It’s Yoram’s presence and ability to listen with his whole being that is so special to me- Every little feeling, thought, jackal or giraffe, is receiving space and may come to expression. This gives me an immense sense of freedom, being welcome, and self expression. Nothing in my life has been more transformative till now. Highly highly recommended!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
QUESTIONNAIRE "Embodying & Teaching NVC"
Please fill in this form and send it to: email@example.com
Interests, wishes and personal details:
1. What is your motivation for taking part in this training?
2. Specific themes and skills you would love to learn (like self empathy, listening, honesty, anger, guilt, etc.) ?
3. Inner challenges you would like to advance in (like inner jackals, insecurity in listening empathically, etc.)?
4. Any special requests / advice / wishes?
5. What is your experience with NVC and techniques similar to NVC? (Think about: How many years/months are you practicing? Workshops? Sessions? Books?)
Current position (job, studies, etc.)
Thank you, and very much looking forward to having you joining us!