The Art of Mourning
- Healing your pain after loss and change -
Based on Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
Sunday 15 December 2019, 10.00 - 17.00
Most of us know loss, sadness, grief and yet very few of us have ever learned how to mourn. We learn to put our pain to the side and continue on with life. As if everything is “normal” when it is all but that. We hide our tears for ourselves and others. We do not learn that unpleasant emotions and pain have a very important role in our lives.
In this workshop you are welcome as you are . . . with everything that lives in you.
A few practices and themes that we will address:
- How to use NVC to deal with your own mourning due to loss or change in your life
- Discover the wisdom and meaning of emotional pain and how emotions can serve as a helpful compass for daily life
- How to create the support that really helps when you mourn, in times of great and small sorrow
- How you can support others with little or big mourning
- The difference between pain and suffering
- How celebrating and mourning are interconnected
This workshop is for you if you enjoy learning and practicing together in a small, interactive and safe group with two experienced trainers. Next to our personal experience with mourning, our years supporting others to be with and benefit from their emotions gives us great satisfaction and pleasure. We look forward to giving you inspiration and practical tools that you can apply every day.
Perhaps you followed an NVC course (any level), or you simply want to continue being in touch with NVC and improving your skills.
The trainers: The training will be given by Cara Crisler and Mirjam Schulpen who have been passionately giving the Basic, Intermediate and Connecting With Children courses for the past several years. If you would like to know more about the trainers, please visit: Cara and Mirjam.
Where: van Beuningenstraat 110A Amsterdam
When: Sunday 15 December 2019, 10:00 - 17:00
Fee: A choice between €100 - €175 (choice is depending on your income and free will)
Registration: To book your place:
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (I never read 'Terms & Conditions'... and, I would recommend you to read this one to be sure we are together on the same page, feeling safe and comfortable with each other.)
2. Please fill in the form below
3. Send us the non-refundable prepayment of 70€. (When making the transfer, please mention your full name and course name to help us identify you with ease).
Account name: connecting2life
The rest of the payment, you are asked to pay within a week after the training (we like people to pay when they know what they pay for, so that payment is more connected to gratitude and less to being a duty). If you prefer paying it earlier, this is welcome as well.
'The regret period': If you change your mind within 14 days after sending the prepayment and before the course has actually begun, you will receive your pre-payment back.
With any question please contact us at: email@example.com